Established in 1858, R&C Ltd. has grown into an engineering establishment. Nationalized by Act of Parliament in the year 1972. Richardson & Cruddas (1972) Ltd. has grown into an Engineering Enterprises in fabrication of various process equipments meeting the needs of Power Sector, Steel Manufacturing Plants, Railways, Oil & Gas, Fertilizers, Sugar Industries, Atomic Energy, Space, Water & Sewage Treatment Plants transmission line Towers fabrication and galvanising Testing of transmission line towers etc. R&C has four manufacturing units, two located in Mumbai at Byculla and Mulund, one at Nagpur and one at Chennai. R&C's corporate office is located at Byculla, Mumbai and has liasoning offices in New Delhi and Kolkata.